To meet the training needs of school nurses, RESIG subscribes to AccuTrain Connect on behalf of our member districts. AccuTrain is a socially-enabled, video-based, interactive online training platform and offers the following courses:
- Step by Step – Administering Medication to Students
- Dealing with Asthma, Diabetes, and Epilepsy
- Food Allergies and Anaphylaxis
- Student Confidentiality – FERPA/HIPPA facts
- Head Lice in Schools: No Small Matter
While most of the courses are student health-related, there is one course for Special Education personnel. RESIG has specifically included this course because ergonomic injuries are very common among Special Ed staff.
- Special Education Ergonomics; Saving Your Back
For information about AccuTrain Connect, contact Erin Tarkhanian.