Open Until Filled
Workers’ Compensation Systems Administrative Assistant
Rate Per Hour:
$26.88 – $34.31
COMMENSURATE WITH QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Subject to a one-year probationary period
(RESIG does not pay into Social Security or SDI—State Disability).
Under the direct supervision of the Workers’ Compensation Claims Manager, the Claim Systems Administrative Assistant is responsible for basic maintenance of the Claims Risk Management Information System (RMIS) and will provide clerical assistance and support related to the Workers’ Compensation Claims Department. Will work with RMIS vendors and staff on system changes, basic programming, updates, maintain data and prepare a variety of reports in an accurate and timely manner. Assist with implementation of technology-related projects. Will perform a variety of general clerical duties of average difficulty, using a personal computer and other routine office equipment. This position will also be expected to perform related work as assigned and required.
Principal Job Duties
- Perform basic system maintenance tasks on the Risk Management Information System (RMIS) as directed or required, including updates and upgrades.
- Inform users about system updates, upgrades, downtime, or other issues impacting system performance or access.
- Generate reports from the RMIS or related systems for such purposes as loss trending or evaluating claim outcomes.
- Troubleshoot data related anomalies to ascertain source and resolve with vendors and/or staff.
- Provide accurate and timely reports to state agencies, excess insurers, and other data recipients.
- Help develop and maintain forms and procedures related to system administration and maintenance.
- Sort and direct mail.
- Scan and link mail, reports, and documents into the RMIS.
- Perform various computer functions including maintenance of databases, processing of bills for transmission, typing of routine documents and correspondence, electronic file transfers, check printing/processing, and Medicare queries.
- Maintain hard-copy and electronic files and records, as necessary.
- Communicate with school districts, vendors, injured workers, etc., via telephone, e-mail and in-person.
- Provide back up to the front-desk Clerical/Receptionist and Resource Coordinator, as needed.
- Research a variety of topics using the Internet or other sources.
- Copy materials and prepare informational packets.
- Set and/or adjust schedule, as needed, for meetings, trainings, conferences, and other workrelated events.
- Assist with projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Well-developed skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Online Meeting Platforms.
- Office methods and equipment, audio visual equipment, filing systems, telephone techniques, letter writing, and well-developed computer skills required in Windows-based applications.
- Basic mathematical principles
- Principles and practices of report preparation
- Operations, services, and activities of claims management system (i.e., RMIS)
- Recordkeeping techniques
- Learn, interpret, and apply specific rules, laws, and policies necessary to apply them with good judgement in the administration of public entity claims.
- Learn basic computer programming
- Organize and prioritize multiple projects and complete them on time.
- Review and interpret data transactions and records, to ensure accurate data.
- Independently and effectively organize and prioritize workload with frequent interruptions.
- Create and maintain accurate spreadsheets and files.
- Enter and retrieve data from computer systems.
- Prepare clear and concise written and verbal reports.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Adapt to changing situations, analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Collaborate effectively with others to complete projects and resolve issues.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Attend conferences, off-site trainings, seminars, and other work-related events.
- Read and understand technical manuals.
- Typing/computer skills sufficient to perform the job with a minimum typing speed of 50 wpm.
- Represent RESIG in a manner consistent with the policies, practices, and procedures of the organization.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
- Lift and carry up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 45 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Work and walk on slippery, uneven, or irregular surfaces.
- Work while sitting, standing, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, and climbing.
- Work with office equipment and computerized workstation which involves repetitive arm and hand movement.
- Travel to various schools, vendors, meeting sites, and conferences.
- Extensive employee contact and frequent interruptions.
- Vision sufficient to read small print, computer screens and other printed documents.
Experience and Education
- Minimum of three (3) years clerical experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Coursework or experience with XML, Java, SQL, HTML, and/or related programming is preferred.
- Experience with the public sector or public schools is desirable.
For application materials, please refer to the Workers’ Compensation Claims System Administrative Assistant Application Packet (PDF)
Submission Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Candidates must deliver the following by email. The email address is provided in the Workers’ Compensation Claims System Administrative Assistant Application Packet (PDF):
- a cover letter,
- completed application,
- a resume of experience.
The examination of this classification will consist of:
- Evaluation of the application material submitted. (Incomplete submission packets will be rejected.)
- Qualified applicants will be asked to attend oral interview(s) either in-person or via the Zoom platform.