(Agenda) Executive Committee Meeting September 24, 2020
As authorized by the Governor’s Emergency Executive Order issued on March 12, 2020, RESIG will conduct Board Meetings by video conference until further notice.
Time & Date
September 24, 2020
Meeting 12:30 P.M.
Video conferencing website address:
- Bob Raines
- Matthew Reno
- Mary Downey
- Susan Field
- Lois Standring
- Richard Edson, II
- Chris Vanden Heuvel
- Rose Burcina
- Chris Spencer
- Suzanne Pelz
- Will Davis
- Patty Baumunk
- Steven Fields
- Deborah Fraser
- Ronda Bergesen
- Diane Vieyra
- Sheri Reed
Administrators, Brokers, and Consultants:
- ABD Ins. & Financial Services, Inc.
- Alliant Insurance Services
- Self-Insured Schools of CA (SISC)
- Mark Peters—Peters & Peters
- Bertrand, Fox, Elliot, Osman & Wenzel
Accessibility and Open Session Materials
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you are a disabled person and you need a disability-related accommodation to participate in this meeting, please contact RESIG at 707-836-0779. Requests must be made at least one full business day before the start of the meeting. Written open session materials distributed to the Executive Committee are available for public inspection at RESIG, 5760 Skylane Blvd., Windsor CA 95492 during normal business hours.
Call To Order – Bob Raines, President
Approval of Agenda
Introductions and Recognitions
At this time, members of the public may address the Executive Committee regarding any items within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board; however, no action may be taken on off-agenda items unless authorized by law. Comments shall be limited to five minutes per person and twenty minutes for all comments unless different time limits are set by the Chairperson, subject to the approval of the Board.
Due to COVID-19, Members of the public may submit comments through email to email@example.com. Public comments must be received prior to 12:00 p.m. on the day prior to the Board meeting in order for the comments to be provided to the Board. Please limit comments to 250 words or less. If you are unable to email a public comment, please call (707)836-0779 ext. 101 prior to 12:00 p.m. on the day prior to the Board meeting for assistance.
A. Minutes Approval:
- Executive Committee Meeting—August 20, 2020
- Special Executive Committee Meeting—August 27, 2020
B. Warrants Issued and Wire Transfers—August 2020
The Executive Committee is being asked to approve RESIG’s warrants and wire transfers, as summarized in the attached documents.
C. Draft Workers’ Compensation Claims Audit (Chris Spencer)
The audit, performed by Captiva Risk Management, Inc. will be presented to the Executive Committee for acceptance.
Report/Discussion and Possible Action
D. Next Executive Committee Meeting (Rose Burcina)
The Executive Committee will review, discuss, and confirm attendance and quorum for the next board meeting date. This will be a standing item due to the Coronavirus.
E. Coronavirus Update (Rose Burcina)
The Executive Director will provide an update on the Coronavirus.
F. Strategic Plan Update (Rose Burcina)
Departmental updates of the Strategic Plan will be presented to the Executive Committee for review and discussion.
G. Executive Director’s Report (Rose Burcina)
The Executive Director will present and discuss current events and information with the Executive Committee.
- BASIC Minutes—June 2, 2020; June 25, 2020
Adjournment to Closed Session
Adjournment to closed session during this meeting to consider and/or take action upon the following items:
1. With respect to every item of business to be discussed in closed session pursuant to Section 54956.9: Anticipated Litigation
Anticipated Litigation (Two Potential Cases)
- Liability Claim: J.T. v de Blasio, et al.
- Liability Claim: Martinez v Newsom, et al.
2. With respect to every item of business to be discussed in closed session pursuant to Section 54956.9: Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation
- Aida Ortiz v Dunham School District and Does 1-25, inclusive; Superior Court of the State of California, County of Sonoma, Unlimited Jurisdiction, Case #SCV-266480
- Jennifer Emery-Pippin, On Behalf of Izola Pippin a minor vs Santa Rosa City Schools, and Does 1 through 100, inclusive; Superior Court of the State of California for the County of Sonoma, Case #SCV-263801
- Andrew Heida, by and through his Guardians ad Litem, David Heida and Annalisa Heida vs Cotati-Rohnert Park Unified School District, and Does 1 through 20, inclusive; Superior Court of the State of California for the County of Sonoma, Case #SCV-265707
3. With respect to every item of business to be discussed in closed session pursuant to Section 54956.9: Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation
Anticipated Litigation (Ten Potential Cases)
- Liability Claim: Burnside v Windsor Unified School District
- Liability Claim: Weissmann v Sonoma Valley USD
- Liability Claim: Lee v Wright Elementary School District
- Liability Claim: Lee v Rincon Valley Union School District
- Liability Claim: Gutsch v Oak Grove Union School District
- Liability Claim: Mitchell v Cotati-Rohnert Park Unified School District
- Liability Claim: Zivinic v Healdsburg Unified School District
- Liability Claim: Borello v Shoreline Unified School District
- Liability Claim: Jane Doe v Windsor Unified School District
- Liability Claim: McCarthy v Windsor Unified School District