(Agenda) Executive Committee Meeting December 6, 2018
Time & Date
December 6, 2018
Meeting 8:45 A.M.
RESIG Conference Center
San Andreas Conference Rooms I/II
5760 Skylane Boulevard, Suite 100
Executive Committee & RESIG Staff
- Joseph Pandolfo
- Bob Raines
- Mary Downey
- Susan Field
- Richard Edson, II
- Matthew Reno
- Lois Standring
- Rose Burcina
- Chris Spencer
- Suzanne Pelz
- Will Davis
- Patty Baumunk
- Steven Fields
- Deborah Fraser
- Ronda Bergesen
- Diane Vieyra
Administrators, Brokers, and Consultants:
- USI Insurance Services
- Alliant Insurance Services
- Self-Insured Schools of CA (SISC)
- Mark Peters – Peters & Peters
- Gene Elliot – Bertrand, Fox, Elliot, Osman & Wenzel
Accessibility and Open Session Materials
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you are a disabled person and you need a disability-related accommodation to participate in this meeting, please contact RESIG at 707-836-0779. Requests must be made at least one full business day before the start of the meeting. Written open session materials distributed to the Executive Committee are available for public inspection at RESIG, 5760 Skylane Blvd., Windsor CA 95492 during normal business hours.
Call To Order – Joseph Pandolfo, President
Approval of Agenda
Introductions and Recognitions
Recognition of Kelly Cook, RESIG’s Senior Return to Work & Ergonomic Resource Advisor, for 10 years of service.
At this time, members of the public may address the Executive Committee regarding any items within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, to include items on this agenda; however, no action may be taken on off-agenda items unless authorized by law. Comments shall be limited to five minutes per person and twenty minutes for all comments unless different time limits are set by the Chairperson, subject to the approval of the Board.
Note: The Board may take action on any Discussion item listed on this agenda.
Adjournment to Closed Session
Adjournment to closed session during this meeting to consider and/or take action up on the following items:
1. With respect to every item of business to be discussed in closed session pursuant to Section 54956.9: Existing Litigation and Anticipated Litigation
- Joseph Victor, a minor by and through his Guardian Ad Litem, Kim Scranton v Sadie Sonntag, an individual; West Sonoma County Union High School District, a school district and/or public entity; City of Rohnert Park, a public entity; County of Sonoma, a public entity – Superior Court of California, County of Sonoma – Case #SCV-261317
- Kathryn Teeter v Petaluma City Schools, Petaluma Board of Education, David Stirrat, Mike Baddely, Sheri Chlebowski, Phoebe Ellis, Frank Lynch, EllenWebster – Superior Court of California, County of Sonoma – Case #SCV-262105
- Kendall Higginbotham (a minor) by and through her Guardian Ad Litem Steven Higginbotham v Bellevue Union School District; Bellevue Elementary School; and Steven Thiele – Superior Court of California, County of Sonoma – Case #SCV-263226
- Amparo Hargreaves v Sonoma County Office of Education, a government entity – Superior Court of California, County of Sonoma – CASE #SCV-262400
- Jane Doe, a minor through her Guardian Ad Litem Annathea Henton v Fort Ross Elementary School District; John Markatos; Midori Gunheim; Cayla Kalani – Superior Court of California, County of Sonoma – CASE #SCV-25918
Anticipated Litigation – (Two Potential Cases)
2. Liability Claim: John Doe (a minor) by and through his parent/guardian v Windsor Unified School District
3. Liability Claim: John Doe v Shoreline Unified School District, et al.
Reconvene to Open Session
Report of action on closed session items
A. Minutes Approval – October 18, 2018
B. Warrants Issued – October 2018
The Executive Committee is being asked to approve RESIG’s warrants, as summarized in the attached document.
C. Accounting Transactions Regarding October 2017 Tubbs fire Claims
The Executive Committee is being asked to approve the 2017 Tubbs Fire paid claims log.
D. Second Reading, Amendment to Dental Benefits – Enrollment Guidelines Policy 1.4.105
As part of RESIG’s Strategic Plan to review and update policies, this policy was presented to the Executive Committee during the October 18, 2018, Executive Committee Meeting and is now being presented for approval.
Items within the Consent Calendar are routine in nature and do not normally require discussion. All items are approved with a single action.
E. RESIG’s Employee Handbook (Rose Burcina)
As part of RESIG’s Strategic Plan, the Executive Committee will be asked to review and consider approving amendments to RESIG’s Employee Handbook.
F. RESIG’s 2018/19 Strategic Plan (Rose Burcina)
During the October 18, 2018, Executive Committee Meeting/Planning Session, RESIG’s 2018/19 Strategic Plan was developed with the Executive Committee and is being asked to review and consider approving.
G. RESIG Staffing (Rose Burcina)
During the October 18, 2018, Executive Committee Meeting and Planning Session, it was recommended that RESIG hire an additional senior workers’ compensation claims examiner, based on the findings of the recent workers’ compensation claims audit. The Executive Committee is being asked to formally approve the additional position.
H. Executive Director’s Report (Rose Burcina)
The Executive Director will present and discuss current events and information with the Executive Committee.