(Agenda) Executive Committee Meeting April 23, 2020
As authorized by the Governor’s Emergency Executive Order issued on March 12, 2020, RESIG will conduct Board Meetings by video conference until further notice.
Time & Date
April 23, 2020
Note Start Times:
12:30 P.M. —Open Session
12:31 P.M. —Closed Session
1:00 P.M. — Open Session
Video conferencing website address: https//us04web.zoom.us/i/78379315521
Executive Committee & RESIG Staff
- Bob Raines
- Matthew Reno
- Mary Downey
- Susan Field
- Lois Standring
- Richard Edson, II
- Chris Vanden Heuvel
- Rose Burcina
- Chris Spencer
- Suzanne Pelz
- Will Davis
- Patty Baumunk
- Steven Fields
- Deborah Fraser
- Ronda Bergesen
- Diane Vieyra
- Sheri Reed
Administrators, Brokers, and Consultants:
- ABD Ins. & Financial Services, Inc. —Mark Stokes
- Alliant Insurance Services
- Self-Insured Schools of CA (SISC)
- Bertrand, Fox, Elliot, Osman & Wenzel
- Mark D. Peters, Esq.
Accessibility and Open Session Materials
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you are a disabled person and you need a disability-related accommodation to participate in this meeting, please contact RESIG at 707-836-0779. Requests must be made at least one full business day before the start of the meeting. Written open session materials distributed to the Executive Committee are available for public inspection at RESIG, 5760 Skylane Blvd., Windsor CA 95492 during normal business hours.
Call To Order – Bob Raines, President
Approval of Agenda
Introductions and Recognitions
At this time, members of the public may address the Executive Committee regarding any items within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board, to include items on this agenda; however, no action may be taken on off-agenda items unless authorized by law. Comments shall be limited to five minutes per person and twenty minutes for all comments unless different time limits are set by the Chairperson, subject to the approval of the Board.
Adjournment to Closed Session
Adjournment to closed session during this meeting to consider and/or take action upon the following items:
1. With respect to every item of business to be discussed in closed session pursuant to Section 54956.9: Anticipated Litigation
Anticipated Litigation—(Two Potential Cases)
- Liability Claim: Doe v Windsor Unified School District
- Liability Claim: Lee, Rihanna v Wright School District
2. With respect to every item of business to be discussed in closed session pursuant to Section 54956.9: Existing Litigation
- Jennifer Emery-Pippin, On Behalf of Izola Pippin a minor vs. Santa Rosa City Schools, and Does 1 through 100, inclusive, Superior Court of the State of California For the County of Sonoma—Case #SCV-263801
- Lorena Gonzalez, an individual v Santa Rosa City Schools, a Public Entity; and Does 1 through 10, inclusive, Superior Court of California County of Sonoma—Case #SCV-264456
3. With respect to every item of business to be discussed in closed session pursuant to Section 54957: Personnel
- Public Employee Performance Evaluation: Executive Director
Reconvene to Open Session
Report of Action on Closed Session Items
A. Minutes Approval—March 26, 2020
B. Warrants Issued and Wire Transfers—March 2020
The Executive Committee is being asked to approve RESIG’s warrants and wire transfers, as summarized in the attached documents.
C. Routine Personnel Items
- Resignation—Workers’ Compensation Clerical Assistant
The Executive Committee is being asked to ratify the resignation of RESIG’s Workers’ Compensation Clerical Assistant.
D. Internal Complaint Report—January through March 2020
There are no internal complaints to report for the quarter listed
E. 2020/21 Program Rates
- Health Plan Stakeholders’ Meeting Update and Renewal
- Blue Shield of CA (Patty Baumunk)
- Kaiser Permanente (Patty Baumunk)
- Dental Stakeholders’ Meeting Update and Renewal
- Delta Dental (Patty Baumunk)
A report will be given on the Stakeholder’s Meetings held on April 22, 2020 regarding the discussion on RESIG’s Dental and Medical Benefits Programs.
- Workers’ Compensation (Burcina/Stokes)
- Property & Liability (Rose Burcina)
The Executive Committee will consider approving the 2020/21 rates and plan options for presentation to the Board of Directors.
Report/Discussion and Possible Action
F. 2020/21 Preliminary Budget (Burcina/Bergesen)
The preliminary budget is presented to the Executive Committee for review. The final budget will be presented for approval on June 11, 2020.
G. Property & Liability Coverage Deductible (Steven Fields)
As requested during the March Executive Committee Meeting, The Board will be presented with claims data for review, discuss property and liability deductible options and provide direction to RESIG Staff.
H. Coronavirus Update (Rose Burcina)
The Executive Director will provide an update on the Coronavirus.
I. Strategic Planning Follow-up (Rose Burcina)
Departmental updates of the Strategic Plan will be presented to the Executive Committee for review and discussion.
J. Executive Director’s Report (Rose Burcina)
The Executive Director will present and discuss current events and information with the Executive Committee.
West Sonoma County Union High School District—intent to join RESIG’s Dental and Vision Programs, effective July 1, 2020.