Health Care Reform: See Employee Benefits Department
Re: Announcement - RESIG's Executive Director
Dear JPA Members and Interested Parties,
As you know, Brent Howatt will be retiring at the end of September. Brent did an amazing job as Executive Director. Here are a few of the highlights of his accomplishments during his tenure with the agency:
- RESIG was accredited and received a full term of accreditation by CAJPA (California Association of Joint Powers Authorities)!
- Brent hired wonderfully talented people to replace retiring long-time valued department leaders.
- The policy manual was fully updated to comply with all applicable law in best practices under Brent's leadership.
- The Medical Program stronger than ever with the 2012 rate pass in Kaiser!
- The emphasis is on prevention and preparedness in Property and Liability; prevention and wellness in the Medical, Dental, and Workers' Compensation Programs.
- We have had several years of finding free financial audits.
Brent has done an outstanding job and we will miss him greatly!
Happily, on behalf of the Executive Committee, I am very pleased to announce that the Executive Committee has hired Paul McKay as RESIG's new Executive Director! Paul comes to us from Schools’ Insurance Authority in Sacramento where he has been their Chief Financial Officer. He has a degree in accounting from Sacramento State and is a Certified Public Accountant. We have planned for a three-week transition for Paul to get fully acquainted. He will begin work at RESIG on September 10. Paul is uniquely qualified to hit the ground running and to pick up the reins from Brent.
Please join me in welcoming Paul to our county and to RESIG!
Sue Field, Ed.D.
Superintendent, Bennett Valley Union School District
RESIG Executive Committee President